With the Electricity Bill Calculator you can easily see how much you’ll pay for your Texas electricity based on your usage. You can enter your personal monthly kWh usage and we’ll calculate an estimated bill and price per kilowatt hour. That’s how to find the best electricity plan for your home.
Electricity Bill Calculator Makes Electricity Shopping Easy
The most important thing when choosing the right electric rate is knowing how much electricity you use every month.
Once you know that, you can easily see the real cost of an electricity plan. You’ll be able to see what your actual rate will be and what your average bill will be.
To start shopping for the best electricity plan for your home, enter your zip code.
Shop for Best Electricity Plan Using Electricity Bill Calculator
Then look for the Advanced Search tool in the left margin. (If you’re viewing the site on a mobile device, Advanced Search appears at the top of your screen.) To use the Electricity Bill Calculator, just enter your monthly kWh usage off of a recent electric bill.
The Electricity Bill Calculator automatically calculates your average price per kWh and estimated bill for all available plans.
All of the electricity plans will automatically re-sort to show the cheapest electricity plan for your home.
View Full Details on Every Electricity Plan
Electricity plans are complicated. On ElectricityPlans.com, we highlight the important details in every plan summary.
Want to understand exactly how any plan is calculated?
You’ll find that under Plan Details & Calculator. We have this detail for every plan.
The Plan Pricing shows the average price per kWh at the 3 levels that the PUCT requires — 500, 1000 and 200 kWh.
The Pricing Details shows the components of exactly how your electricity bill is calculated.
And Calculate Your Bill lets you easily calculate your price per kWh and your estimated bill at different usage levels.
When you use the tools on ElectricityPlans.com, you can easily find the electricity plan that’s the best electricity plan for you!
Enter Your Zip to Shop Based on Your Electricity Usage
How to Use the Electricity Bill Calculator
Here are some more ways to use the Electricity Bill Calculator to find the best electricity plan for your home.
- Compare Plans Feature. Enter your average usage, then narrow down the options by selecting the “Compare Plans” button on your 3-4 top plans. Use the your kWh usage input to calculate as many months of estimated bills as you wish!
- Triangulate on the Best. Sounds fancy but its easy. First enter your lowest usage, and write down the three cheapest plans. Next, enter your highest usage, and write down the three cheapest plans. Finally, enter your average usage and write down the three cheapest plans. Then pick the plan that gives you the best rate at all three usage levels.
- Shop Bill Credit/Tiered Rates. See if your usage is a good fit for special bill credit/tiered rate offers. Enter your usage, then select “Bill Credit/Tiered Rates” under Plan Features. Bill Credit/Tiered Rate plans target customers in a specific kWh usage range. If you are in that range, you’ll get a great rate. Be sure to also consider Basic Electricity plans — sometimes simple is best.
- Shop Free Electricity. Want Free Electricity? See what your average rate will be. Enter your usage, then select “Free Electricity at Certain Times” under Plan Features.
Benefits of Using the Electricity Bill Calculator
With the Electricity Bill Calculator for your Texas home:
- Calculate your estimated Texas electric bill before you sign-up.
- Easily find the best electricity plan for your kWh usage.
- You won’t have an electricity bill surprise, after you thought you got a great rate. Full transparency!
- And, you can relax, knowing what your estimated monthly bill will be.
Let us do the math for you!
Why Is Texas Electricity Shopping So Hard?
Here’s why it’s so hard to shop for an electricity plan in Texas, and how our Electricity Bill Calculator makes shopping a breeze.
There are three reasons why finding the best electricity plan for your home is so difficult.
1. Texas electricity prices are always shown at 500, 1000, or 2000 kWh. And that’s not exactly what you use at your house.
The three pricing levels based on usage are required by the Public Utility Commission of Texas. This disclosure lets you make an apples-to-apples comparison of rates, including energy, delivery, any bill credits, and monthly base charges or minimum use fees. But very few consumers actually use exactly 500, 1000 or 2000 kWh per month. The average home in Texas uses 1200 kWh a month. But every home is different. You may use more or less.
2. Texas electricity suppliers game the system.
You’ll often find a rate that looks fantastic at 1000 kWh. But what if you use more or less than that? Your electricity rate could be significantly higher. Plus there are tiered rates, freebies, bill credits and flat bill plans. Make no mistake… the electricity suppliers are hoping you sign up for these fantastic looking plans without reading the details.
3. Math is hard.
Ok, maybe it’s not for you engineers or accountants. But for the rest of us, math isn’t easy. You can think of each plan as a math equation, and who has the time to calculate hundreds of math equations to find the best plan? No thanks!
Because of these three things, consumers risk falling victim to the tricks, gimmicks and gotchas of certain electricity rate plans. We don’t want that to happen to you.
That’s why we created the Electricity Bill Calculator for homes in Texas. We do the math for you, and make it easy to find the best electricity plan for your home.