Looking for a PA Power Switch Alternative?
PA Power Switch is the official shopping site for the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. But there are so many plans to pick from! What do you choose?
ElectricityPlan.com does the hard work for you. We review electricity plans and providers. We read the fine print and highlight the information you need to know. And we’ll show you an estimate of your electricity bill before you sign up.
Just enter your zip code to see energy rates in your area.
Compare Electricity Rates in PECO Utility Area
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 13||13||8.09 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 10 Month Fixed||10||8.09 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 12 Month Fixed||12||8.19 ¢|
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 12||12||8.69 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 18 Month Fixed||18||8.79 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 12||12||9.09 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 24||24||9.49 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 36||36||9.79 ¢|
|Direct Energy Go Green Lights 24||24||10.49 ¢|
Compare Electricity Rates in PPL Utility Area
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 13||13||9.69 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 10 Month Fixed||10||9.99 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 12 Month Fixed||12||10.09 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 12||12||10.29 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 18 Month Fixed||18||10.39 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 24||24||10.69 ¢|
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 12||12||10.99 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 36||36||11.19 ¢|
|Direct Energy Go Green Lights 24||24||12.09 ¢|
Compare Electricity Rates in Met-Ed Utility Area
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 13||13||9.49 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 12 Month Fixed||12||9.59 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 10 Month Fixed||10||9.59 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 12||12||9.80 ¢|
|Public Power Electric 18 Month Fixed||18||9.99 ¢|
|Direct Energy Live Brighter 12||12||10.09 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 24||24||10.09 ¢|
|Energy Harbor Safe Harbor 36||36||10.49 ¢|
|Direct Energy Go Green Lights 24||24||11.99 ¢|
Shop Electricity Rates in PA
How to Shop for an Electricity Supplier in PA
Shopping for electricity rates in Pennsylvania isn’t hard.
It’s just time consuming wading through all those offers. There are over 100 electricity rates to choose from. That’s a lot of rates to compare.
Since Pennsylvania electricity is deregulated, your transmission and distribution charges from your utility will be the same no matter what provider you choose.
Your real opportunity to save on your PA electric bill is with your choice of a power supplier.
Here are some basics to keep in mind, whether you shop for a licensed electric generation supplier (EGS) using PAPowerSwitch or an alternative like this Electricity Plans
- Decide the type of plan you want. In Pennsylvania, you can choose from fixed rate, variable rate and renewable energy fixed rate plans. We always recommend fixed rate plans because they give you rate stability. After all, if you want a variable rate, just stay with the utility and watch your rate change every 3 or 6 months.
- Look for the lowest rate per kilowatt hour. It really is that simple. Sort by lowest to highest to find the best rate.
- Read the fine print. The details of your electricity plan matter. How long is the contract term? What’s the early termination penalty if you want to switch away or go back to the utility?
- Enroll with your new supplier. Once you’ve selected an electricity plan and provider, it takes less than 10 minutes to enroll online.
- Your rate changes automatically. There’s nothing left to do. Your utility manages the switch for you. Nothing changes other than the rate on your utility bill.
TIP: Have a copy of your electricity bill handy when you enroll. You will need to know your account number to enroll for service. Moving to a new house? Call the local utility company to get your account number and service start date, then choose a supplier with a lower rate.
Want more information on how to shop? Check out this article on How to Compare Electricity Rates in Pennsylvania.