Bulb is making electricity simpler, cheaper and greener for Texas. They offer month-to-month cheap electricity plans that are 100% renewable energy. And their variable rate history shows that they work to keep prices low.
About Bulb US LLC
Bulb is no longer operating in the US. Green Mountain Energy has acquired their customer accounts. If you are a Bulb customer, please check your email or mail for additional information about your new supplier. You can view other options for month to month electricity plans online.
Bulb is on a mission to help people lower their energy bills and reduce carbon emissions. They offer affordable, renewable energy to Texans.
Bulb was founded in London in 2015. It grew rapidly and currently serves over 1.6 million homes and businesses in the UK, France, Spain. They are the largest provider of renewable energy plans in the UK. Bulb is also a certified B Corp and is committed to meeting rigorous standard of social and environmental responsibility.
But here’s the best part. Bulb offers…
Cheap Month to Month Electricity That’s Not Prepaid
Bulb gives Texas electricity customers everything they are looking for:
- Simple electricity rates. Bulb only offers one plan. It’s a basic electricity plan with energy + delivery.
- Price certainty. This is a variable rate plan. But, Bulb is dedicated to giving its members the best rate available. Members can view their current rate and the upcoming month’s rate on their online Bulb account. If you decide to switch there are no cancellation fees.
- Wholesale market benefits. Bulb will change your rate based on the wholesale market prices. That means if prices go up, you will pay higher rates. But, if prices are low, you get the benefit of a wholesale rate drop. With Texas generators investing in solar and wind, there’s a good bet that you’ll pay a low rate most of the year. And you can check their variable rate history online.
- 100% renewable energy. Bulb backs all electricity with Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) sourced from 100% Texas solar and Texas wind. No need to pay extra for green energy.
- With no contract. You can switch anytime with no penalties. No contract, no commitment on your part.
- And, it’s not prepaid! Most month to month electricity plans are prepaid or pay-as-you-go electricity.
The only requirements?
- Agree to automatic credit card or debit card payments, or automatic bank draft
- Agree to receive your bill via email
They’ll even pay your cancellation fee if you want to switch to Bulb from another provider — up to $100.
And if you don’t like Bulb and want to leave? No problem. There’s no cancellation fee, since it’s a month to month contract.
Shop Bulb Electricity Rates Near You
Why We Recommend Bulb
Everyone wants a deal, right? Bulb is a solid alternative to the traditional fixed rate plan, without the risk of a subscription-based wholesale energy service.
Electricity with No Contract
Bulb offers cheap Texas electricity rates with 100% green energy. There’s no commitment or contract, so you can leave any time. It’s a variable month to month rate, but with their commitment to give you the best rate they can offer. And from what we’ve seen in the Bulb variable rate history, Bulb is committed to supplying its members with the low energy rates without a contract.
Month to Month Electricity with Variable Rate Transparency
Bulb’s members will be able to see the current and upcoming month’s energy rate in the Bulb account. They’ll simply click on the Plan and Rates from the member’s Bulb account to see what the upcoming rate will be. Members can have confidence that they are getting a great low rate. You can see Bulb Variable Rate History online.