As an active or retired member of the US Military or Armed Services, you deserve special treatment for your service. Military discounts are available to you! The last thing you need is high electric bills due to an overpriced electricity plan. If you live in a deregulated electricity market in Texas, you can select an electricity provider and plan that fits your budget and lifestyle.
Learn More About Military Discount Plans for Veterans & Active Military
Some electricity providers offer military discounts or specially-priced electricity plans especially for veterans, active duty, military reserves, or military-dependent spouses.
At ElectricityPlans.com you can shop and compare electricity plans with special pricing for veterans & active military from the most reputable providers in the state. These specially-priced military discount plans range in length from 12 – 24 months so you can lock in a long-term rate and not worry about it.
Electricity providers offering special rates for veterans and active military may require on-line verification of military service which include official documents that provide acceptable proof of validation and a discharge date, if applicable. The verification process is done by a 3rd party service and is safe and secure.
Specially-priced veterans and active military discount electricity plans are available in all major deregulated markets in Texas, including: Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Killeen, Corpus Christi, Abilene, Round Rock, Brownsville, Galveston, and many more. Enter your zip code to shop for veterans and active military electricity plans in your area.
NOTE: make sure you also shop basic electricity plans. Military discount plans may not always be your cheapest option!
Shop Military Discount Electricity Plans Near You
Best Military Discount Electricity Plans in Dallas & Killeen (Oncor)
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 24||24||9.6||Details|
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 12||12||9.9||Details|
Best Military Discount Electricity Plans in Houston (Centerpoint)
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 24||24||10.4||Details|
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 12||12||10.6||Details|
Electricity Deposit Waiver for Active Military Duty
If you have a credit score below 600, you may have to pay a deposit for your electricity service. If that’s the case, consider Chariot Energy. Chariot Energy will waive deposits for customers on active military duty.
You’ll find that Chariot Energy’s rates are much lower than the military discount rates listed above. Combine that with the deposit waiver and you’ll really save. Shop Chariot Energy plans by entering your zip code below. If a deposit is required, contact Chariot Energy with proof of your current military service and they’ll waive your deposit.
Shop No Deposit Cheap Electricity Plans for Active Military
Stretch Your Basic Allowance for Housing with Military Discounts
Utilities (electricity, water, natural gas) are an estimated 5-10%* of your budget. If you live off-base, your BAH is supposed to cover not only your rent, but also your utilities. So getting a military discount for electricity can help stretch your BAH.
The information below can help you budget for your Texas utilities as part of your BAH.
The average Texan pays approximately 11.69¢ per kilowatt-hour (kWh) (October 2018 EIA) and uses about 1,170 kWh per month. That means your monthly Texas electricity bill will be around $136.77.
Here are approximate electricity usage and cost for various home sizes in Texas:
- Small Apartment (750 sq feet) = 750 kWh/month, $88/month
- Two bedroom apartment (1000 sq feet) = 1000 kWh/month, $116/month
- Small house (1800 sq feet) = 1250 kWh/month, $146/month
- Large house (3800 sq feet) = 2200 kWh/month, $257/month
A military discount could reduce your electricity bill, leaving you more money for other necessities. Just enter your zip code at the top of this page to start shopping for military discount electricity in your area.
Military Bases in Texas Areas with Deregulated Electricity
If are active or retired military and live near any of these Texas bases, you are in an area with deregulated electricity. You can take advantage of military discounts for your electricity.
- Fort Hood, Killeen, Texas
- Fort Wolters, Mineral Wells, Texas
- Dyess Air Force Base, Abilene, Texas
- Goodfellow Air Force Base, San Angelo, Texas
- Laughlin Air Force Base, Del Rio, Texas
- Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Corpus Christi Naval Air Station, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Naval Air Station Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas
- Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth (Carswell AFB), Fort Worth, Texas
- Grand Prairie Armed Forces Reserve Complex, Grand Prairie, Texas
- Hensley Field, Grand Prairie, Texas
- Camp Bowie, Brownwood, Texas
- Coast Guard Air Station Houston, Houston, Texas
- Coast Guard Sector Field Office Galveston, Galveston Texas
- Coast Guard Station Aransas, Port Aransas, Texas
- Coast Guard Station Freeport, Surfside Beach, Texas
- Coast Guard Station Port O’Connor, Port O’Connor, Texas
- Coast Guard Station Sabine Pass, Port Arthur, Texas
- Coast Guard Station San Luis Pass, Galveston, Texas
- Coast Guard Station South Padre Island, South Padre Island, Texas
Thank you for serving our country!