Looking for the best residential electricity company in League City? League City has the unique challenge of being in a zip code (77573) that is split between 2 delivery companies.
Depending on where you live in 77573, you may have Centerpoint as your delivery company. Or you may live in the area of 77573 that is served by Texas New Mexico Power. This article will help you shop for the best electricity rate in League City no matter what utility you live in.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this article:
- Who is the Electric Utility in League City?
- How to Find the Best Electricity Rates in League City TX
- List of Electricity Companies in League City Texas
- How to find the Best Electricity Rate for your League City Home
- Best Electricity Plans for Large Homes in League City
- Business Electricity Rates in League City – Commercial Electricity
- How to Report a League City TX Power Outage
Who is the Electric Utility in League City Texas?
If you live in League City, Texas, you have a unique electricity shopping experience. Your utility, the company that delivers electricity, is split in two.
No matter which area of League City you live in, you have a choice in electricity companies that provide your electricity supply. And your utility, whether it’s TNMP or Centerpoint, will deliver that power to your home or business.
Here are 2 quick ways to find out who your utility is in League City.
- Look at your current electricity bill. No matter who your current electricity provider is, you will find the utility name and emergency contact number on your bill.
- Use our ESID Lookup to find your utility. The ESID or Electricity Service Identifier is unique to your address. Just type in your address. We’ll tell you what utility you are in, plus a list of the cheapest electricity rates in your area.
Find Your League City Electric Utility
- Premise Type:
- Load Zone:
How to Find the Best Electricity Rates in League City Texas
When you are looking for the best electricity plan in League City, you are usually looking for the lowest price per kWh. But here are 3 tips to finding the best electricity plans in your area.
- Watch out for fine print. Most low-priced electricity plans are tiered rate and bill credit plans. Read the details on these plans before you commit. If your usage is above or below the requirements, you’ll end up paying more than you expected.
- Know your usage. Most rates for electricity are shown at 500 kWh, 1000 kWh or 2000 kWh. But most homes in Texas use 1200 kWh a month. Use our Electricity Bill Calculator feature. Just enter your zip code, then enter your average monthly usage. We’ll automatically calculate your average price and estimated bill for every plan.
- Shop the right utility for your home. Delivery rates in Centerpoint are lower than TNMP delivery rates. That’s because TNMP sets their delivery rates based on their whole territory, which includes West Texas, North Texas and Coastal Texas. But there’s nothing you can do to change the utility you are in. So your best approach is to find the cheapest price per kWh for energy and delivery, and sign up.
Find Best Electricity Rates in League City Texas
League City Electricity Rates (TNMP Delivery Area)
|Frontier Utilities||Straight Power 12||12||8.4 ¢||Details|
|4Change Energy||Budget Saver 12||12||8.9 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Smart 12||12||9.5 ¢||Details|
|Gexa Energy||Gexa Saver Premium 24||24||9.6 ¢||Details|
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 24||24||9.7 ¢||Details|
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 12||12||10.0 ¢||Details|
|Discount Power||Secure Plus 12 Preferred||12||10.6 ¢||Details|
|Frontier Utilities||Smart Budget 12||12||10.6 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Fixed 36||36||10.6 ¢||Details|
|Champion Energy Services||Champ Silver 24||24||10.7 ¢||Details|
|First Choice Power||You Got This! 36||36||10.8 ¢||Details|
|Champion Energy Services||Champ Saver 15||15||10.8 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Fixed 24||24||10.8 ¢||Details|
|Champion Energy Services||Champ Saver 24||24||10.8 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Fixed 12||12||10.9 ¢||Details|
|TriEagle Energy||Eagle 36||36||10.9 ¢||Details|
|Direct Energy||Live Brighter! 36||36||10.9 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Free Energy Nights 36||36||10.9 ¢||Details|
|First Choice Power||You Got This! 24||24||10.9 ¢||Details|
|TXU Energy||TXU Energy Saver's Discount 12||12||10.9 ¢||Details|
League City Electricity Rates (Centerpoint Area)
|Gexa Energy||Gexa Saver Premium 12||12||8.1 ¢||Details|
|4Change Energy||Budget Saver 12||12||8.3 ¢||Details|
|Frontier Utilities||Straight Power 12||12||8.4 ¢||Details|
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 24||24||8.8 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Smart 12||12||8.8 ¢||Details|
|Direct Energy||Veterans and Active Military 12||12||9.1 ¢||Details|
|Champion Energy Services||Champ Silver 24||24||9.5 ¢||Details|
|Champion Energy Services||Champ Saver 24||24||9.6 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Fixed 36||36||9.6 ¢||Details|
|Frontier Utilities||Smart Budget 12||12||9.7 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Fixed 24||24||9.8 ¢||Details|
|TXU Energy||TXU Energy Saver's Discount 12||12||9.8 ¢||Details|
|Cirro Energy||Smart Secure 12||12||9.8 ¢||Details|
|First Choice Power||You Got This! 36||36||9.9 ¢||Details|
|Champion Energy Services||Champ Saver 15||15||9.9 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Free Energy Nights 36||36||9.9 ¢||Details|
|Direct Energy||Live Brighter! 36||36||10.0 ¢||Details|
|Champion Energy Services||Champ Saver 36||36||10.0 ¢||Details|
|Pulse Power||Texas Fixed 12||12||10.0 ¢||Details|
|First Choice Power||You Got This! 24||24||10.0 ¢||Details|
List of League City Electricity Providers
Whether you have TNMP or Centerpoint as your utility, you have a choice in electricity providers. You can pick from any of 40+ Retail Electricity Providers approved by the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
The vast number of providers is why a site like ElectricityPlans.com is so important. We’ve evaluated electricity companies and their plan. And we only work with companies that pass our review.
Here’s a list of electricity providers in League City Texas that you’ll find on our site:
- 4Change Energy
- Champion Energy
- Chariot Energy
- Cirro Energy
- Direct Energy
- Discount Power
- Frontier Utilities
- Gexa Energy
- Payless Power
- Pulse Power
- Reliant Energy
- TriEagle Energy
- TXU Energy
- Veteran Energy
- Xoom Energy
Related article: Not in League City? You can find cheap electricity rates in Texas no matter where you live.
Shop Electricity Rates in Your Area
Best Electricity Plan for Large Homes in League City Texas
The average size home in League City is 1,834 square feet, according to HAR. You can expect your home to use around 15,000 kWh a year, or 1,000 to 1,300 kWh a month.
But houses in neighborhoods like South Shore Harbor, Mar Bella and Clear Creek Shores may be larger than the average home. To find the best electricity plan for your home, you should shop based on usage.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Find the best electricity plan for large home in League City
- Enter your zip code.
- Under Advanced Search, type in your average monthly usage.
All plans will update automatically to show the average price per kWh and estimated monthly electricity bill.
- Sort by Lowest Price to Highest Price
- Select the lowest cost electricity plan.
Choose the lowest cost electricity plan for your large home in League City. The best electricity plan is the one that gives you the best price per kWh.
Business Electricity Rates in League City – Commercial Electricity Plans
League City is home to many businesses, and a growing Chamber of Commerce. Business owners know that money saved on your electricity bill is money to your bottom line.
Shopping for business electricity can be a tedious process. And it’s even more complicated in your area where your price of electricity depends on whether you have Centerpoint Energy or Texas New Mexico Power as your utility company.
TIP: Do you use electricity to produce your finished product, such as a bakery, print shop, golf course, sports facility or machine shop? You may be eligible for an electricity sales tax exemption. That means you could save 8% on your electricity bill.